Final Fantasy Armory Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Regarding the New Gameplay Videos

Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Regarding the New Gameplay Videos Empty Regarding the New Gameplay Videos

Post  Deim Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:19 pm

Did anyone see the one showing the combat? I'm kinda scared now because it looked rather slow like FFXI. I liked that I saw a little actionbar on the bottom of the screen, and the monsters appeared to be more fast paced than FFXI...but the player attack speed seemed so dull and slow like FFXI. Anyone worried about this?

From what I gathered from the interview videos, I was hoping FFXIV would be much more fast paced and action-style than FFXI. The director even compared it to "real time" speed. What do you think?
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Regarding the New Gameplay Videos Empty Re: Regarding the New Gameplay Videos

Post  Yoruichi Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:13 am

ye, ill be disappointed if thats as good as it gets speed-wise, perhaps its slow to start? maybe a spd stat?

even WoW is slow at lvl 1 (4 kills and you level though) as you have no abilities and no stats.

I think it would have been betterif they showed a pimped out max level combat vid Razz might have given us a better idea.
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Yeah you're probably right. Once stats and gear are taken into account, overall combat speed (hopefully) will look and feel more action-packed. With Aion coming out, Star Wars, and WoW's next expansion being announced, FFXIV is going to have a lot of competition in the MMO market, I hope they step it up! So far, FFXIV's graphics look so far beyond superior than any other game I've seen announced though--so that's a good sign.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:45 am

Dont forget about Star Trek Online, thats looking good too Razz

oh and WoW's new expansion was announced, its a total re-skin of Azeroth, not as good as FFXIV of course Razz
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Yoruichi wrote:Dont forget about Star Trek Online, thats looking good too Razz

oh and WoW's new expansion was announced, its a total re-skin of Azeroth, not as good as FFXIV of course Razz

Ah yes, I forgot. And yes I knew WoW had announced Cataclysm already--I think it actually looks really good. They're bringing back all of the old raids and introducing a lot of things into the game that are going to be a lot of fun. I think the guild leveling system is genius, and the new areas and races look beautiful. My only concern is that it seems like this expansion should have come before or something...it seems like Northrend should have been the last thing to occur in the world.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:11 pm

I think cataclysm is a "distraction" expansion, raising the level cap to 85, gearing people up, giving an insane amount of extra content (Heroic Deadmines woo!!) so that in about a year or so they can finally open the gates to Arthas' instance. They probably want this expansion out, then Arthas kill, then finally the Emerald Dream Expansion. (Portals are already there)
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:11 pm

Yoruichi wrote:I think cataclysm is a "distraction" expansion, raising the level cap to 85, gearing people up, giving an insane amount of extra content (Heroic Deadmines woo!!) so that in about a year or so they can finally open the gates to Arthas' instance. They probably want this expansion out, then Arthas kill, then finally the Emerald Dream Expansion. (Portals are already there)

According to MMO Champion, they actually announced that you'll be able to fight Arthas in Icecrown Citadel--there will be four levels within the citadel with insane attunement requirements, as well as multiple smaller raids throughout the citadel. But I don't think players will be fighting Arthas even a year from now, because what's left after Arthas? The longer they prolong the confronting of the Lich King, the longer they can keep players hooked.

I just hope that FFXIV is up for the challenge these other monster MMOs keep introducing. I want FFXIV to be new and innovative, and from what I saw from the gameplay videos--other than the spellbar--it looked pretty much like FFXI with a makeover. I just hope it's more than that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 pm