Final Fantasy Armory Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Headache, Ugh....Which one of these Monitors?

Mujahed
    Mujahed

Headache, Ugh....Which one of these Monitors? Empty Headache, Ugh....Which one of these Monitors?

Post  Mujahed Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:23 am

I know a different thread was created by me concerning a new desktop, but this focuses ONLY on Monitors so please do not jump off-topic. As long as it is connected to Monitors everything goes well.

DELL ULTRASHARP 3008WFP - http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=223-4890

Dell 30" FLat Panel Monitor 3007WFP HC - http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=222-7175

Gateway® XHD3000 - http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668254.php?cmpid=topnav_displays

I am having a dilemma between those above,any opinions would be appreciated . I'm losing hair here.
    Jereth
    Jereth

Headache, Ugh....Which one of these Monitors? Empty Re: Headache, Ugh....Which one of these Monitors?

Post  Jereth Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:24 pm

Man I'd go for the Dell ultrasharp. Looks the best to me and I had one on my office computer at work. I loved it. But it's your call of course.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Headache, Ugh....Which one of these Monitors? Empty Re: Headache, Ugh....Which one of these Monitors?

Post  Mujahed Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:25 pm

If you guys want to recommend another forum of LCD that is fine by me
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:28 pm

I recommend my Monitor, I love it to pieces, so bright + sharp with a great response time, uses VGA/DVI, but is 24"

http://www.techstore.co.uk/detail_136341.html
    JezuitX
    JezuitX

Post  JezuitX Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm not much of a monitor expert, but I can tell you one thing. DO NOT BUY A GATEWAY MONITOR!!! I bought my first HD widescreen monitor from them and while I love the monitor several things immediately put me off. First, was the fact that they included no driver software for the monitor. So that meant all those wonderful USB ports in my monitor don't work at all. Second, when I called to bitch about not getting driver software it took me three hours to find someone in that company who knew where I could find a third party software to enable the rotate functionality of my monitor (this was before Nvidia started putting the rotate option in their utilities).

Lastly, I purchased an HD monitor yet was given no HD hook ups. How much would it have set them back to throw in a few adapters or an HDMI cord? I mean after paying $500 for a monitor this seems like a drop in the bucket. Anyway enough rant good luck finding a great monitor.
    Unknown Kaze
    Unknown Kaze

Post  Unknown Kaze Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:29 am

Gateway doesnt even factor into thid rquation Neutral

I'd go for the Ultrasharp, as I have experience and with it and it looks BEA-U-TIFUL.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:21 am

From researching & talking to different individuals. Gateway is out of the picture.

Including, if anyone thinks of buying it. Do NOT. It will amazing for one year, then the monitor would start acting up in ways that will angry you. Even GATEWAY will not look into it.

Now, if you have other recommandation for a Monitor, I will gladly hear you.

Plus, is a 30 inch monitor good for gaming?
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:48 am

I am more than happy with a 24" at 1920x1200 resolution, I dont know how high 30" ones go,

If anyone is interested 1080 HD is only 1920x1080 resolution Smile
    JezuitX
    JezuitX

Post  JezuitX Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:30 am

I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but personally 30" seems pushing it for me. I mean you're sitting right in front of the thing usually (unlike a TV most of the time where you're at least a few feet away). To me it seems a little big to be sitting that close.

Currently I have a 22" and I could see maybe going with a 26". Anything bigger and I think I'd have to back my keyboard away from the monitor to fully enjoy what's going on with the whole screen. Of course maybe you've got a different setup where your monitor is more than a foot away from you when you're typing in which case ignore what I'm saying completely.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm