Final Fantasy Armory Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Unknown Kaze
Deim
JPH345
7 posters

I have set my goal for this place...

JPH345
    JPH345

I have set my goal for this place... Empty I have set my goal for this place...

Post  JPH345 Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:12 pm

My goal is:

To become a mod! Mad Very Happy

Last edited by JPH345 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

I have set my goal for this place... Empty Re: I have set my goal for this place...

Post  Deim Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Haha, well you have good grammar skills and you're active on the forums; now we just need more users! The need for more moderators will arise when we have a lot more users. For now, it's pretty manageable. Also, in the grand scheme of things, this is a temporary forum for another one that is still in development. Smile

I'm happy to see that you're interested though!
    Unknown Kaze
    Unknown Kaze

I have set my goal for this place... Empty Re: I have set my goal for this place...

Post  Unknown Kaze Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:08 am

Yeah, I dont love this forum :/

Nice to see you're interested though, not much to do, but yeah. lol
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:48 am

*cough* not the only one who is interested cough* Oh, look what is over there....
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Temporary huh? Any info. on the new one or is it under wraps? Just asked cuz I'm lookin for forums that are gonna be around for awhile.
    Unknown Kaze
    Unknown Kaze

Post  Unknown Kaze Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:24 am

This site is definitely going to be around for a while ^^
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:57 pm

Unknown Kaze wrote:This site is definitely going to be around for a while ^^

Yes, I have 3 years of hosting invested so I hope it'll be around a while! The forum we are working on is a PHP forum that will link to our main database. We will actually have a SQL database of all of the users that sign up on the site so you will have access to other parts of the page as well. As of now, there is no database so I'm doing all the main site stuff by hand and I'm using this free remote-hosted forum.

When all is said and done, this forum will match the style of the home pages, cross-linking will be easier and cleaner, you'll be able to log in on the front page and post on the forums, comment on items/spells/quests/etc. in the database, upload information you've come across in the game, etc. and moderators will be able to post News articles and announcements. The entire site will be unified and the forum will begin to feel like it's actually a part of the website--whereas now it sort of seems like it's an external location (which it is) that you link to from the home page.

We plan on cleaning up the forum a lot; there probably won't be a lot of unnecessary 'stuff' like 4 pages of smilies to choose from, some of the useless buttons up top, and the birthdays, usergroups, etc. It'll look a lot nicer I promise!

First things first though, we have to get our database working with our search and filtering functions; then we'll go from there.
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks for the added info. Guess I'll stick around for the transition too. It's fun getting into something on the ground level. Wish you the best in your endevours man.
    JPH345
    JPH345

Post  JPH345 Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Once you get a new site, is there anything you can do to transfer members, post counts, info, etc. over?
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:23 am

Ill be here a long time I think, wouldn't mind being a moderator but i dont think theres much need for one at the moment, maybe once more info gets released we'll get a rush of new users.

If a couple of us manage to get into the Beta then there will be an almost infinite amount of new info Smile

and ye, 4 pages of smilies and no moogles......

It should be a simple set of INSERT commands to the database for postcount etc in the members table when it gets changed ye?
    JezuitX
    JezuitX

Post  JezuitX Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:28 am

Good luck on your dreams of moderation. I just can't wait to get in on the ground floor with FFXIV. It seems like when FFXI came out every guide for every mission, every item, every enemy, etc had already been well researched. It'll be nice to throw my experiences into a site like this and also to watch a place like this grow.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:27 am

ye, hopefully some of us will be able to grab a place in the Beta, then there will be a massive constant flow of information to the site Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:10 pm