Final Fantasy Armory Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Limit Breaks

Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Limit Breaks Empty Limit Breaks

Post  Yoruichi Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:32 am

Jereth mentioned limit breaks in another thread and I thought it deserved its own thread Smile

What kind of limit break system / abilities would be viable in an MMO and how would you implement it?

I would, depending on job, have a limit bar which fills when certain conditions are met:

damage taken for tanks
    damage delt
    healing done
    attacks dodged
    time in combat without taking damage
    amount of mana used
    and more...

each job could have multiple limit breaks which you get from items or certain conditions like in FFVII:

enemies killed
    damage done
    etc...

Maybe each limit break can also be upgraded, either by their own stats, or get multiple ranks depending on how many times its used etc?

Maybe for spellcasters have a Lulu FFX-style limit break, where you choose spells and start rapidly firing them in quick succession.

For healers maybe have a timed "free-casting" period or be able to apply a shield to party members

For tanks maybe decrease damage taken, for melee damagers perhaps increase attack speed or maybe even an omnislash-style limit (obviously not as awesome to start off)

for pvp I think the limit bar would have to reset to zero once you leave combat, in dungeons they could carry over.

Maybe gatherers can have limit breaks while build up while gathering and allows you to get more/rarer materials while it is active.

For crafters you could have a better chance to make a slightly better item, when you craft normally there could be a range of stats that could be assigned to it and its random within that range.

Any ideas?
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Limit Breaks Empty Re: Limit Breaks

Post  Deim Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Mmm...as much FF7 as they can incorporate into an MMO the better I think. What a great game. Materia system, chocobo racing, Golden Saucer. I want it all! But I want it to look as pretty as FFIX/FFXI Razz
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:30 pm

ok.... so you want Rikku riding a materia-equipped golden chocobo through the golden saucer incorperated into a limit break..... interesting Smile
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:59 am

Well I woulda have some great ideas but Yo stole them all so I just second everything he said. tongue
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:16 pm

haha, go on, what kind of limit breaks would you like to see? what effects? simple damage? status immunity?

perhaps one could cause enemies to be locked in a crystal, they cant take damage but they cant deal damage but you also cant escape?
    JezuitX
    JezuitX

Post  JezuitX Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:31 pm

How about Knights of the Round so you can go take a cigarette/bathroom break while the enemy is getting raped for a solid fifteen minutes?
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:24 pm

I think the enemy might have something to say about that Smile

I am also thinking about limit breaks that can also be PvP viable, which is why I suggested the limit bar reset when you enter combat.
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 pm

JezuitX wrote:How about Knights of the Round so you can go take a cigarette/bathroom break while the enemy is getting raped for a solid fifteen minutes?

Win.
    Unknown Kaze
    Unknown Kaze

Post  Unknown Kaze Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:24 am

Deim wrote:
    JezuitX wrote:How about Knights of the Round so you can go take a cigarette/bathroom break while the enemy is getting raped for a solid fifteen minutes?

Win.

x2

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 am