Final Fantasy Armory Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
JezuitX
Unknown Kaze
Mujahed
Lamont
Yoruichi
9 posters

Disciplines, which path will you take?

Poll

Which discipline appeals to you?

[ 7 ]
    Disciplines, which path will you take? Bar_left54%Disciplines, which path will you take? Bar_right [54%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Disciplines, which path will you take? Bar_left15%Disciplines, which path will you take? Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Disciplines, which path will you take? Bar_left15%Disciplines, which path will you take? Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 2 ]

Total Votes: 13
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Disciplines, which path will you take? Empty Disciplines, which path will you take?

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Disciples of War, who live for battle

Disciples of Magic, erudite researchers of all things esoteric

Disciples of the Land, gatherers of material resources and students of the natural order

Disciples of the Hand, crafters who invest their creative ingenuity in synthesis and industry.

"Players may opt to specialize in one discipline, excelling in a single skill, or they may take a more general approach"
    Well so much for keeping distinct jobs... allows for a lot of customization though for dungeon tactics hehe.

and something tells me they aren't making the crafting system any simpler haha, Ill probably start out as Disciple of the land with a bit of Magic thrown in so I got some gil while im picking the game up Smile

which path appeals to you?
    Lamont
    Lamont

Disciplines, which path will you take? Empty Re: Disciplines, which path will you take?

Post  Lamont Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:09 pm

Hopefully specific classes are integrated into the game. If not, I guess a ranged weapon with some magic will be able to cut it for me.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Disciplines, which path will you take? Empty Re: Disciplines, which path will you take?

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:13 pm

Check out Mr Kaze's post in News https://finalfantasyarmory.forumotion.com/news-announcements-f5/new-races-cities-and-website-announced-t39.htm

In the Fighter category, we have: swordmaster, archer
    In the Magician category, we have: enchanter, warlock (some variations to the names in this category.)
    In the Crafter category, we have: blacksmith, cook
    In the Gatherer category, we have: gardener, fisherman

There seems to be specific classes but it sounds like you can mix them up.

Last edited by Yoruichi on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:37 pm

Probably Disciples of War, who live for battle, but nothing is determined yet.

I would want to see what they have to offer even more. Probably my final decisions will be when I test out the Beta.
    Unknown Kaze
    Unknown Kaze

Post  Unknown Kaze Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:20 am

Im definately going to be a disciple of war. Archer FTMFW!
    JezuitX
    JezuitX

Post  JezuitX Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:18 am

Discipline of the Land for me. That is of course provided there's mining in this game. Call me insane, call me a rock hound, call me a lover of really tight green outfits, but I really enjoyed mining in FFXI. The simple joy of gathering raw material and selling it to folks who didn't want to brave the horrors of Pally mines always gave me a little joy. Also, if doing this gives me other cool abilities I can use in a fight, it would only be frosting on an already beautiful cake.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:54 am

here here, agreed Smile

also I have noticed that when a MMO first goes live, its always the gatherers not the crafters who make a mint.

gogo commercial enterprises!!!
    JPH345
    JPH345

Post  JPH345 Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 pm

I want to find out more about each one before I decide Basketball
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Gatherers huh? Thx for the Yo. Yeah mine will def. be magic supported by whichever is the best support it! Rolling Eyes
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Anyone can tell me, can we only take on Discipline? Or Multiple?
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:14 am

By the sounds of it, each discipline is like a talent tree in WoW, you can mix + match between all of them to further customise your character, but I imagine they're will be some amazing stuff if you focus on one.
    Zenshin

Post  Zenshin Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:27 pm

Disciple of War

This might change with more info. I just hope they can use spears.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 am

Which would you prefer, a spear and a shield, or a 2handed spear?

I've always liked the defensive option.
    Mr.Armageddon
    Mr.Armageddon

Post  Mr.Armageddon Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:48 am

Discipline of the hand for me. Ive always loved crafting whether it was very profitable or not. Also, if it can be used as a fighting style Ill love to see the weapons you get to use. I will literally be using tools of war lol.Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am