Final Fantasy Armory Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Zenshin
Jereth
Daronis
Ninji
JPH345
Deim
Spiezer
Mujahed
Unknown Kaze
Exim
14 posters

PvP all in the nuts sheel

Mujahed
    Mujahed

PvP all in the nuts sheel - Page 2 Empty Re: PvP all in the nuts sheel

Post  Mujahed Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:52 am

Yoruichi wrote:yes that percentage was a bit excessive but for the purposes of a point its good enough. Thats why WoW is dying mostly, there are only about 6-7 truly "active" or "full" servers and with there being about 30 ones (I dont play the non-english servers so I cant say for them) thats quite bad.

They need to find out about how many people want PvE and how many want PvP, if its 80%/20% then make that ratio of servers for each.

As for WOW, I noticed that High servers are medium while Medium servers are low and Low servers are just getting lower. It is dying and with every Patch they are just killing the game slowly.

While people wanting to play PVE and PVP, I would have to disagree at this point. Over the last few years, I have noticed increasingly more people favoring PVP. If, however, I am mistaking, it would at least be around 40%.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:54 am

Yes I agree that PvP is getting more and more popular, dont take those percentages for my opinion haha am just saying theres going to be an imbalance. I personally think that its because of the lack of good PvE content, this is something we are going to have to wait and see in the Beta Smile
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:56 am

Yoruichi wrote:Yes I agree that PvP is getting more and more popular, I personally think that its because of the lack of good PvE content, this is something we are going to have to wait and see in the Beta :)

I never think that PVE will beat PVP. It is much more fun for player verse player. However, sometimes PVE can be at the top of the game, if it is not tank and spank. Where you fight the boss you require a strategy and not an idiotic forum of strategy.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:05 am

oh ye, one will never replace the other, but its nice to have a game with both good PvP and good PvE, makes a nice change to jump between now and then.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:11 am

Yoruichi wrote:oh ye, one will never replace the other, but its nice to have a game with both good PvP and good PvE, makes a nice change to jump between now and then.

Agreed. PVP and PVE. There are also bringing another forum called PVPVE, it is which you PVE and PVP. Where you have to go through the other faction or players to get to your PVE objection or it can be though in other ways such as you both go inside an instance, face each other, and who wins, obtains the final boss(I did not hear it from any where, just an idea). I do not know if Final Fantasy will apply such an idea.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:14 am

That sounds good, like 2 parallel corridors, you can see the other group from where you are, theres a series of rooms where you kill all enemies in the room to open the next door, once a group opens the final door the other group's door locks.

That could be a good idea if implemented properly, also the chance of a final face-off vs the other group. It'd mean you wouldd have to very strategically gear/skill yourself for both PvP and PvE.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:24 am

Yoruichi wrote:That sounds good, like 2 parallel corridors, you can see the other group from where you are, theres a series of rooms where you kill all enemies in the room to open the next door, once a group opens the final door the other group's door locks.

That could be a good idea if implemented properly, also the chance of a final face-off vs the other group. It'd mean you wouldd have to very strategically gear/skill yourself for both PvP and PvE.

One word; Sick.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:25 am

Yoruichi wrote:That sounds good, like 2 parallel corridors, you can see the other group from where you are, theres a series of rooms where you kill all enemies in the room to open the next door, once a group opens the final door the other group's door locks.

One word; Sick.

That would require strategy in details which sounds alot of fun. The more challenging it is, the more fun it gets.
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:55 pm

Almost sounds like the parts in FFVI where you split into 2/3 groups and had to trigger certain events for the next group to progress...
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:04 am

ye, but i dont remember locke turning round and slitting edgars throat xD
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:02 pm

hahaha oh you missed that part? Yeah it is a strange though, turning on those that are on the same side. i can understand when there are no enemies to fight. But just to see who's better. I just lack that competitive drive I guess.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:15 pm

or do you not bother because you know you've already won? Smile
    JezuitX
    JezuitX

Post  JezuitX Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:47 am

I always thought I'd enjoy an Arena type area in a FF MMO. There could be cool one on one or two on two tournaments planned on weekends or holidays. As people progressed in the tournament they get better and better items. Also, whoever wins the tournament would have serious bragging rights on the server until the next tournament.

The rest of the time the Arena would host smaller one vs one or two vs two (etc) matches where people can watch and bet on the outcome. I think that's about as much PvP as I want in my FF game. Plus with the story they're spinning I don't think open world PvP would be possible unless some of these Highlander Lowlander people don't like each other or something like that. Even that seems unlikely.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:52 am

If you bet on PvP winners then you could rig them, perhaps have a PvE Arena where your party goes against wave after wave of npc enemies until they die, getting harder and harder and you bet how many rounds they survive, that would be cool.

....sorry going off PvP topic again....
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Ha yeah but reminds me of the Battle Arena in FFVII. Slotted for the handicaps then kept going, good times. PvP umm, yeah I got nothing else. I'll quit spammin now. Embarassed
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:03 am

ooo thats a good idea, not spamming Smile

The more rounds you survive, the more handicaps against you and the better rewards you achieve, I would love to play something like that.
    Lamont
    Lamont

Post  Lamont Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:33 am

I'm having ".hack" nostalgia now lol. There were characters called "player killers" in that game. People that just go around killing people for fun. Then there were "player killer killers", people who hunt them. Imagine FFXIV was something like that, would that add a good element to the game or bad?
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:54 am

Both good and bad I think haha, because the player killers will start making player killer killer killers and so on haha

Im watching my Fruits Basket Collection at the minute, hilarious comedy, love it.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:27 pm

PVP Players will go "Hell ya, Its awesome"; PVE Players will go "QQ, I only wanted to PVE, leave me alone". And so on the argument continues
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:29 pm

They complain but they dont really mean it Razz

It helps them I guess.
    Exim
    Exim

Post  Exim Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:14 pm

I think it is good to have both pvp and pve to accommodate each type of player.
    Omni
    Omni

Post  Omni Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:12 am

No Arena / Battleground style PVP for me please. It isn't the Final Fantasy style to pit players against each other. Give us our classic, story-driven,ultimate, world-ending bosses, so that we might band together and fight the good fight together!!
    JezuitX
    JezuitX

Post  JezuitX Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:18 am

^ That's exactly why I like the arena/battlefield like areas. Kind of gives you the best of both worlds. On one hand it's there if you want it and on the other you can ignore it without fear of getting chopped to pieces in the main world during a quest.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:16 am

ye arena/batttleground is better than world pvp ,or maybe only designated world areas for pvp could still be nice.

Imagine Pre-XI FF games adding multiplayer, it'd be over in one turn. Razz
    Zenshin

Post  Zenshin Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Apperently no open PvP in FFXIV. Looks like they will do the same things they did with FFXI. PvE with some PvP sports like events. They don't like the idea of open PvP, so i'm happy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm