Final Fantasy Armory Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Zenshin
Jereth
Daronis
Ninji
JPH345
Deim
Spiezer
Mujahed
Unknown Kaze
Exim
14 posters

PvP all in the nuts sheel

Exim
    Exim

PvP all in the nuts sheel Empty PvP all in the nuts sheel

Post  Exim Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Okay I was just wondering how every one else feels about pvp in ff. Because yes I am a Wow player and I'm definatly use to fast paced pvp now and i am hoping that FF has picked up some things from wow. I hope to see alot more pvp action in ff. What are your guys thoughts
    Unknown Kaze
    Unknown Kaze

PvP all in the nuts sheel Empty Re: PvP all in the nuts sheel

Post  Unknown Kaze Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:53 pm

I like PvP, not WoW-like but more like FFXI, just better lol
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:28 am

WOW did have the best forum of PvP(World PvP) BEFORE battlegrounds came out. FFXI PvP was horrible compared to WOW. However, hopefully if Final Fantasy 14 do develop a solid PvP system, this game will own so hard that there will be sleepless nights.
    Spiezer
    Spiezer

Post  Spiezer Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:12 am

I'm kinda sick of the WoW hype. I played it for a few months, it didn't please me like FFXI did and has been since 03. I do however like the idea of PvP, but if they mock any other MMO, i'll be displeased.
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:56 pm

I've had my ups and downs with WoW, but admittedly it is a great game. It's a great game because it's fun and easy, which makes it attractive to new players. I personally prefer a little more difficulty and strategy--and I think FFXI offered more of a challenge than WoW, but I think there has to be a nice balance of fun and action in the mix as well.

Also, it's important to note that FFXI came out in 2003 and had no other monster MMO to compete with at the time (Everquest...DAoC?). Even when WoW first came out in 2004, it wasn't even half the game it has become today. Player-base can really help shape a game and help it grow into something great. It's up to the company to pick and choose which aspects of the game they want to keep and hype up, and also know when to implement ideas that players want to see, or are tired of seeing.

So in a nutshell, I'm really hoping SE implements a solid PvP system in FFXIV!
    JPH345
    JPH345

Post  JPH345 Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:42 pm

I'm wondering how big parties can get in the next game, huge epic battles between parties would be awesome.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Spiezer wrote:I'm kinda sick of the WoW hype. I played it for a few months, it didn't please me like FFXI did and has been since 03. I do however like the idea of PvP, but if they mock any other MMO, i'll be displeased.

No game can please as FFXI but I was such big fan of PVP that WOW was more in favor for me. However, other then that, I would say, FFXI is much better.

Deim wrote:I've had my ups and downs with WoW, but admittedly it is a great game. It's a great game because it's fun and easy, which makes it attractive to new players. I personally prefer a little more difficulty and strategy--and I think FFXI offered more of a challenge than WoW, but I think there has to be a nice balance of fun and action in the mix as well.

Also, it's important to note that FFXI came out in 2003 and had no other monster MMO to compete with at the time (Everquest...DAoC?). Even when WoW first came out in 2004, it wasn't even half the game it has become today. Player-base can really help shape a game and help it grow into something great. It's up to the company to pick and choose which aspects of the game they want to keep and hype up, and also know when to implement ideas that players want to see, or are tired of seeing.

So in a nutshell, I'm really hoping SE implements a solid PvP system in FFXIV!

I love FFXI because it seemed that ever player was needed. Every person in the party had to know what their job was in the raid. FFXI brought the challenge that I love. Hopefully, they do not make it "easy".
    Ninji
    Ninji

Post  Ninji Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:21 am

FFXI's ballista system I personally liked. World PvP doesn't suit the FF lifestyle, at least not in FFXI. In WoW, world PvP worked well, because of the factions, the war between the factions, and enmity towards each other. In FFXI although we fought over land, it being in a controlled envoiroment is much more civil and appropiate for the game. For FFXIV, it depends on how the story is, the world is, and how it will affect the party system. Saying FFXI PvP sucked is just biased, you have to look at it with couth.

I am personally a fan of PvP. My competitive nature strives to see who can do what when pitted against each other. It serves more challenging than a computer monster that can't think. Instead of just using skills, you have to use your head, and out think your opponent to beat him/her/them.

I do hope there is some good solid PvP in FFXIV. I would also like to see some nice 1v1 action, such as the dueling system from WoW. I remember in a few ballista matchs against all japanese people, they were fighting 1v1. It excited me to see such respect for the opponent and for the battle, to see the tactics they used against for a specific class, and to just have fun. Razz
    Daronis
    Daronis

Post  Daronis Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:45 am

If you want massive PvP (or RvR) go play Warhammer Online. Yes it is a lot of fun for a little while but server inbalance always appears after a few months and it becomes pretty lame. That would be the main reason I stopped playing Warhammer. If Square puts it in this game I hope that have a system figured out to combat the balance issue. While things are balanced, PvP can be a lot of fun.
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:58 pm

I never really participated in any PvP. I'm not the most competitive guy in the world so that may have alot to do with it. I always ended up questing more than anything so I can't really give a valid opinion. But I do plan on trying it out in XIV.

Last edited by Jereth on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    Zenshin

Post  Zenshin Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:06 pm

Don't care for PvP at all. Tried it in several other MMO's. Felt it was just a distraction from the much better elements of the game. If it's added to FFXIV. I hope it's completly cut off from the rest of the world in some way. Keep it away from me, my story, and my equipment and i'll be happy to let it slide in. If it sticks it's head in my door, I will not be pleased.
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:14 pm

I second the notion Z. It did seem to distract from the storyline I agree. I much more enjoyed working as a team against a common enemy.
    JPH345
    JPH345

Post  JPH345 Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Zenshin wrote:Don't care for PvP at all. Tried it in several other MMO's. Felt it was just a distraction from the much better elements of the game. If it's added to FFXIV. I hope it's completly cut off from the rest of the world in some way. Keep it away from me, my story, and my equipment and i'll be happy to let it slide in. If it sticks it's head in my door, I will not be pleased.
    Maybe there could be some arena where you could do your PvP battling.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:27 pm

Zenshin wrote:Don't care for PvP at all. Tried it in several other MMO's. Felt it was just a distraction from the much better elements of the game. If it's added to FFXIV. I hope it's completly cut off from the rest of the world in some way. Keep it away from me, my story, and my equipment and i'll be happy to let it slide in. If it sticks it's head in my door, I will not be pleased.

Boring. PVP is the best element in every game. Better then fighting a computer that you know is constantly fighting the same pattern always, but when it comes to a player, you do not expect what would happen. I would not be pleased if they cut it out to a certain arena or area.
    Zenshin

Post  Zenshin Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:11 pm

If I wanted a player versus player system. I'd play a fighting game. I never got into RPG's to fight other people. I got into them for the story and progression. Not to get stabbed in the back by some retard who enjoys killing other players for fun.
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Hahaha same goes for me Zen. PvP will always be a sidebar in RPG's because its the storyline and the "roles you play" that push the game along. I'm sure it's fun though, especially at higher levels to match yourself against others and see how you stand up. Especially friends/linkshell members. Most FF's contained at least a small segment where you did have the opportunity to fight someone that once fought alongside you ie Kain, Yang, Sephiroth, Seifer etc. But yeah it's not the top of my list either.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Zenshin wrote:If I wanted a player versus player system. I'd play a fighting game. I never got into RPG's to fight other people. I got into them for the story and progression. Not to get stabbed in the back by some retard who enjoys killing other players for fun.

Exactly that is the fun part of it, killing people. I love the story and progression. However, without the challenge of verse of other people it would completely get boring. You start killing these bosses for a month then you start farming them for another month then you wait for the next patch to master the new bosses(I do understand that there is "impossible bosses") If you do not like being owned by other players, then avoid them. Simple as that.
    Zenshin

Post  Zenshin Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:59 am

You'll find a versus mode in just about every other genre that will appease your need to brag about how you "owned" some random stranger.

Why exactly do you need to take over the one genre that is for people who just want a good story and development of it's characters?

Why do I have to look over my shoulder every few seconds so that I don't get stabbed in the back while trying to level in peace?

And why do developers listen to people who ruin all the good aspects of a game that worked beforehand?
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:56 am

*clap* *clap* well said hehe.

I think World PvP would work much better (in all games) if you cant be attacked while attacking an npc, and an npc cant attack while a player is fighting a player, giving upto 10-20 seconds after combat for regen. That would sort it fine I think.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:18 am

That is making the system way too easy and soft. There is nothing about bragging about how people get "owned", you just have to be prepared that you will be attacked by someone sooner or later. There is always ways for you to avoid such direct PVP.

While for developers listening to people who ruin that game, I am hoping their not listening to anyone but them selves. Maybe, expect from the Japanese players.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:34 am

ye, WoW sorta fixed it by having seperate servers for PvP and PvE, what I said would make it too easy but thats what design teams are for, make it better Smile
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:40 am

Yoruichi wrote:ye, WoW sorta fixed it by having seperate servers for PvP and PvE, what I said would make it too easy but thats what design teams are for, make it better :)

Maybe FF should go with the PVP and PVE server idea, makes everyone happy.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:42 am

You need the initial numbers though, you take a risk if 80% of players just want PvE, maybe not something they will implement immediately, rather they take statistics from the Beta and go from there.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:46 am

Yoruichi wrote:You need the initial numbers though, you take a risk if 80% of players just want PvE, maybe not something they will implement immediately, rather they take statistics from the Beta and go from there.

The Beta will be of much help for Final Fantasy but I doubt that 80% of players would want to PVP, since most MMOs are dying out there(Cough...wow...cough). Final Fantasy 14 is the most game out there that has the potential then other game that is coming out in the near future. Maybe Aion and Diablo 3 will give it a bit of a challenge.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:49 am

yes that percentage was a bit excessive but for the purposes of a point its good enough. Thats why WoW is dying mostly, there are only about 6-7 truly "active" or "full" servers and with there being about 30 ones (I dont play the non-english servers so I cant say for them) thats quite bad.

They need to find out about how many people want PvE and how many want PvP, if its 80%/20% then make that ratio of servers for each.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 am