Final Fantasy Armory Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
JPH345
Spiezer
Mujahed
Zenshin
Dizmo
Unknown Kaze
Deim
11 posters

FFXIV: What do you want to see?

Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

FFXIV: What do you want to see? - Page 2 Empty Re: FFXIV: What do you want to see?

Post  Yoruichi Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:44 am

That could be interesting, in WoW there are many professions, blacksmithing, mining, tailoring etc. What if a similar system was in FFXIV, you can only have 2 proffessions at a time and some items require 3-4 professions to craft (must be present at time/location of craft) maybe only craft at certain places, like over bahamut zero's corpse?
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

FFXIV: What do you want to see? - Page 2 Empty Re: FFXIV: What do you want to see?

Post  Mujahed Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:50 am

Yoruichi wrote:That could be interesting, in WoW there are many professions, blacksmithing, mining, tailoring etc. What if a similar system was in FFXIV, you can only have 2 proffessions at a time and some items require 3-4 professions to craft (must be present at time/location of craft) maybe only craft at certain places, like over bahamut zero's corpse?

I am hoping they limit the number of professions you can require, if you can take as many as possible that would not be beneficial for all the players.

Interesting ideas we are brain storming while we are being spied by Square.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:07 am

haha ye,

I dont want them to have too many proffesions, maybe 5 total with a limit of one at a time on player? no gathering professions just crafting, maybe some crafting gives passive bonuses to gathering.
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:12 am

Yoruichi wrote:haha ye,

I dont want them to have too many proffesions, maybe 5 total with a limit of one at a time on player? no gathering professions just crafting, maybe some crafting gives passive bonuses to gathering.

I would not mind them having over 20 professions, for me, that would be sick then limit them. But, limiting the amount of professions a player can learn is important which I hope the adapt to the game. While for gathering, I know how annoying it can get, but I doubt it will not be there.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:15 am

for gathering I hope they implement something like diablo2 did with "Chance to find magic item" stat, only "chance to find materials for your profession" stat, not as a percentace but an ever-climbing stat.
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:59 pm

The crafting sytem from FFXI definitely left alot to be desired. Especially since the leveling system has changed, crafting could take on a whole new importance for advancing your weaponry.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:50 am

I sorta left the Crafting system alone for the most part Smile
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:48 pm

Yeah me too. I can only get on for about 10 hours a week so I'd much rather spend my time questing/leveling and explorying the game. If it's more casual play then I'd def. like to see more casual crafting as well.
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:17 pm

ye, I didnt have time to go through the necessary 12 week correspondence course just to get a basic item Smile
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post  Jereth Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Me either. Now that Armoury system is out. I want to see how their gonna keep distinction between characters when we can be almost whatever we want whenever we want.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am