Final Fantasy Armory Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Yoruichi
Deim
6 posters

New Website and Forum Coming Soon!

Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

New Website and Forum Coming Soon! Empty New Website and Forum Coming Soon!

Post  Deim Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:16 am

For all of you who hate the layout of this forum, fear no more! We have a couple of announcements to make. Firstly, we have acquired the domain name: Finalfantasyarmoury.com in light of the spelling of the recently announced "Armoury System" in Final Fantasy XIV, as well as to clear up confusion from our Canadian and European audiences. Both Finalfantasyarmory.com and Finalfantasyarmoury.com will direct to the main site.

Secondly, we are in the process of completely revamping the forums and we are attaching them to the main site. Very soon, you will be able to link directly to forums much easier and fluidly from the main site, as well as log in on the main site and be able to navigate all of the pages of the website while staying logged into our database. This will make it easier when the database begins to become populated with information from the game, as you will be able to comment on items, quests, etc. as well as upload your own with the same username as your forum login name--without having to log in twice.

In a nutshell, there will be no more 'forumotion' or forum bots, and the forum and main website will be linked. The only downside to this is that all forum users may have to re-register with the new forum! We are going to launch a beta version of the new forum in a week or so, so keep your eyes peeled!

On another note, I'm looking to commission a sketch artist to do some custom artwork for the website, as I was contacted by Square Enix recently about the usage of their logos and screenshots--which are intellectual property and protected by copyright law. The new site will have some new artwork, in other words. Razz

Thank you to everyone who has participated in these forums thus far, you have made the excitement for Final Fantasy XIV that much more exciting! We hope you'll like the new site as well as this one (...and we won't get mad if you like it better)!
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

New Website and Forum Coming Soon! Empty Re: New Website and Forum Coming Soon!

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:12 am

Wooo gogo Deim Razz

Cant wait to see it. Will there be moogles?
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 am

Yoruichi wrote:Wooo gogo Deim Razz

Cant wait to see it. Will there be moogles?

Actually yes! Are you familiar with Yoshitaka Amano and his artwork? Google him; he did a lot of artwork for past Final Fantasy titles. The website will follow his artistic themes. They'll be montage pieces of course, not his actual work--I can't afford him haha. But yes, there will be 'Amano-esque' moogles. Smile
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 am

hooray Razz

Moogles!!!

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
    Unknown Kaze
    Unknown Kaze

Post  Unknown Kaze Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 am

Dude, you are epic!
    JezuitX
    JezuitX

Post  JezuitX Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 am

It just keeps on gettin better. Thanks for all the hard work you and the other invisible people (if there are any) are doing.
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:57 am

JezuitX wrote:It just keeps on gettin better. Thanks for all the hard work you and the other invisible people (if there are any) are doing.

Haha..only one other "invisible person". He's actually at BlizzCon right now while I work on this! Razz
    JPH345
    JPH345

Post  JPH345 Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Will there be a way to transfer accounts from this site to the new one?
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:25 pm

JPH345 wrote:Will there be a way to transfer accounts from this site to the new one?

The problem with that is that this forum doesn't give me access to very much private information or the actual database entries that are created when users create accounts--so I would have no way to transfer them over other than hand doing each one (and even then, I don't know all your passwords; nor do I even have access to them without encryption). It's just much easier to have everyone make new accounts.

Don't worry though, I'll give a fair warning before we launch and I do plan on doing a beta test period anyway to see if all is working as planned before I do all the artwork, etc. Most of you will probably have registered by then anyway! It'll be worth it in the long run. Razz
    Mujahed
    Mujahed

Post  Mujahed Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Congratulation! New attractive layout will make this site more approachable.

Question, will the older members on this site be transferred? If yes, will it show when they registered and their post, etc?
    Yoruichi
    Yoruichi

Post  Yoruichi Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:00 pm

I think we'll have to create fresh accounts.
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Yoruichi wrote:I think we'll have to create fresh accounts.
    Deim
    Deim
    Website Administrator
    Website Administrator

Post  Deim Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm sure Yoruichi will somehow get 200+ posts within the first week. Razz We'll see!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 pm